Sports Sports RSS
Paraguay and New Zealand will be trying to write their own pieces of World Cup history when they meet in their final Group F match on Thursday.
If struggling Italy can't manage to beat Slovakia on Thursday, the Azzurri could match France's unenviable feat from the 2002 World Cup and exit the group stage as defending champion.
Japan needs at least a draw, while Denmark must win in order to reach the round of 16.
Arjen Robben may make his belated first appearance of the World Cup as Samuel Eto'o makes his last when the Netherlands plays Cameroon on Thursday.
Raymond Domenech's refusal to shake the hand of South Africa coach Carlos Alberto Parreira after his team's 2-1 World Cup loss brought the unpopular coach's six-year reign to a suitably contentious end.
Captain Patrice Evra has been dropped from the France starting lineup to face South Africa in the final Group A game at the World Cup after leading the player strike in Sunday's training session.
Page 401 of 494
- Becks Of The Net! Beckham's Top Five Golden Balls
- Beckham Retires: Gary Neville Leads Honour Parade
- End It Like Beckham: 'All My Boyhood Dreams Came True'
- 'Thanks, Boss!': Ronaldo, Beckham Lead Fergie Tribute
- Team Fergie: Sir Alex's Best Signings And Best Quotes
- Alex Ferguson Quits Manchester United: 'It's Time'
- LOOK: Juventus hitman Mirko Vucinic's naked ambition