K-pop star denies raping 3 girls
Two more victims have accused beleaguered South Korean pop star Ko Young-Wook, already under investigation on allegations of raping a teenager, of sexual assault. The new charges were filed last week.
Ko, a former member of the K-pop group Roo'Ra, had previously denied the charge that he intentionally made an aspiring 18-year-old female entertainer drunk in order to have sex with her at his home.
Investigations determined that Ko had enticed the alleged victim by telling her in a phone call that he would help her become a star. He then picked her up in his car, drove her to his home, encouraged her to drink and had sex with her.
Ko admitted sleeping with the girl, but said it was consensual and that he didn't know she was a minor.
According to police in Yongsan, the 36-year-old was summoned again on Tuesday to give his statement on a new sexual assault charge by two other girls, one of who is reportedly a 14-year-old middle school student.
After police questioned him for more than 10 hours. Ko told reporters that he would "cordially cooperate with the police for additional investigations".
Source: The Korea Herald/ANN
Published: 25th June 2012